Clement Law Center - Federal Way Family Law Attorney
Free Initial Consultation
Our office is open. At Clement Law Center, the safety and wellbeing of our clients and employees come first. In response to COVID-19, court hearings and all conferences with client and prospective clients will be by phone. We are not conducting in-person court hearings or meetings. Our staff will often be working remotely during this time. Our office will be checking voicemail and will return client calls as soon as possible. We continue to offer free phone consultations.
We offer a 25% discount to First Responders and Health Care Workers
Quality Representation & Individualized Advocacy You Can Depend On

Not receiving your court-ordered alimony payments?

On Behalf of | Jun 24, 2020 | Uncategorized

If spousal support was included in the terms of your divorce decree, you’d think collecting that support would be pretty easy and straightforward. Unfortunately, for numerous Washington residents, it is anything but. If you are struggling to get your ex-spouse to meet his or her alimony payment obligation, you do not have to sit back and take it. There may be things you can do about it.

Your ex may have decided to quit or refuse to make support payments for several reasons. Maybe he, she or you experienced a change in financial or personal circumstances. Maybe he or she feels the order is unfair and unnecessary. Whatever the reason, your ex does not get to make the decision that an order of support can be canceled or modified. An official request has to be made in court and receive approval before payments can be stopped or the amount changed.

If no steps to alter an existing alimony order has been made, and support is just not getting paid, you can ask the state to enforce the order. A few enforcement options the state utilizes include wage garnishment, license suspension, and tax refund withholding — among various others. If necessary, your ex may be held in contempt of court, which can have criminal consequences.

If you are a resident of Washington who is dealing with an ex-spouse who is violating the terms of your divorce decree, whether concerning alimony or anything else, you do not have to tackle the matter on your own. Legal counsel will have the ability to review the details of your case and, if appropriate, assist you in correcting the issue as swiftly as possible. To learn more about how legal counsel may be able to help you, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.


Start Your Free Consultation

Our Office Locations

Federal Way Office
31919 1st Avenue South, Suite 103
Federal Way, WA 98003

Toll Free:888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Federal Way Office Location

Seattle Office
3418 NE 65th St., Suite A
Seattle, WA 98115

Toll Free: 888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Seattle Office Location

Bellevue Office
14777 NE 40th Street, Suite 206
Bellevue, WA 98007

Toll Free: 888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Bellevue Office Location
FindLaw Network