Clement Law Center your family law attorney
Free Initial Consultation
Our office is open. At Clement Law Center, the safety and wellbeing of our clients and employees come first. In response to COVID-19, court hearings and all conferences with client and prospective clients will be by phone. We are not conducting in-person court hearings or meetings. Our staff will often be working remotely during this time. Our office will be checking voicemail and will return client calls as soon as possible. We continue to offer free phone consultations.
We offer a 25% discount to First Responders and Health Care Workers
Attorney Bruce Clement headshot
Quality Representation & Individualized Advocacy You Can Depend On

The end of marriage and child relocation

On Behalf of | Mar 1, 2018 | Relocation

Deciding to bring your marriage to an end may be tough, but there are times when couples realize that moving forward is necessary. Sometimes, the divorce process is relatively straightforward, while others, such as those who have children, may run into a number of challenges concerning family law. From child support to a custody dispute, legal issues involving children are often quite emotional and can have a significant impact on the futures of parents and children alike. Moreover, a parent may have uncertainty or concerns about relocating with their child after they have split up in Federal Way, or another Washington city.

Parental relocation can be tough for both parties. On the one hand, a custodial parent may be unsure of their rights or responsibilities, while a non-custodial parent may be upset about the decisions their child’s other parent is making. As a result, it is essential for parents to handle legal matters involving child relocation with care and make sure that the case moves forward as smoothly as possible. Depending on your circumstances, different options may be available if you need to relocate with your child, such as revising your parenting plan.

In some cases, custodial parents may try to move with their child for the wrong reasons, showing no regard for the rights non-custodial parents. In others, relocation is critical to the well-being of the custodial parent and child. Either way, parents should handle these issues with care and keep their child’s interests in mind. Our child relocation page has more related to moving with a child.


Start Your Free Consultation

Our Office Locations

Federal Way Office
31919 1st Avenue South, Suite 103
Federal Way, WA 98003

Toll Free:888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Federal Way Office Location

Seattle Office
3418 NE 65th St., Suite A
Seattle, WA 98115

Toll Free: 888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Seattle Office Location

Bellevue Office
14777 NE 40th Street, Suite 206
Bellevue, WA 98007

Toll Free: 888-351-6779
Phone: 253-954-3351
Fax: 253-815-8458
Bellevue Office Location